Whether you are interested in an after-school activity for your child or a way to release stress and get some exercise, DanzArt offers a balletic training curriculum and various dance and fitness programs appropriate for different ages, skills and preferences, which brings with it tremendous benefits in terms of health and emotional well-being.
Among the countless benefits DanzArt will bring through its dance and fitness programs, students will:
• Have fun and develop friendship.
• Increase their muscle tone and improve their general physical condition.
• Participate in a focused, structured physical activity and improve body awareness, posture, balance, flexibility and coordination.
• Develop self-discipline, self-motivation, grace, poise, and confidence.
• Develop dance technique, meta-language and self-expression.
• Develop an understanding of sequencing as well as of choreography, music and rhythm.
• Learn to use their body to express emotions.
• Increase their ability to focus and minimize the excesses of energy and distraction.
• Increase their proprioceptive skills, memory and creativity.
• Develop a love and appreciation of dance and performing arts in all its many forms.
• Benefit from the combined knowledge, experience and philosophy of the DanzArt team to promote the best possible dance and fitness training in a safe and nurturing environment.
• To make ballet and ballet-based training programs an accessible, inclusive, nurturing, and enjoyable activity to all those willing to discover the beauty and benefits of this form of art, regardless of the skills, physical or intellectual disabilities, appearance, age or sex.
• To promote the art of dance by providing a quality dance program based on ballet principles, as well as creative performance opportunities and artistic enrichment for students at all levels of dance, in a friendly, encouraging and nurturing environment.
• To educate, inspire and transform dancers of all ages by reshaping their mind and body through ballet-based training programs.
• To offer a welcoming environment where all students, regardless of sex, age, appearance and physical or intellectual abilities/disabilities, feel comfortable to explore and enjoy the wonders, challenges and rewards of dancing.
• To build in students high self-esteem, self-discipline and confidence, as well as a healthy body image, poise, grace, creativity and a love of dance and music.
• To offer a nurturing and friendly space where people can learn to dance, meet new people, have fun and feel comfortable.
Dance is well known as a special aid for developing mind, body, and spirit and an optimal means to express feelings and canalize emotions. That is why DanzArt team believes that, no matter the skills, abilities or disabilities, sex or age, EVERYONE should be given the opportunity to experience the joy of dance and the benefits of disciplining the mind and body through this form of art.
Best effort and high quality training
It is also DanzArt’s strong belief that anything worth doing is worth doing right, and that even less talented students shall be taught to pursue excellence to the best of their abilities. Consistent with this believe, DanzArt encourages and inspires each student to their very best effort, and in return, provides the care, direction, and attention each student deserves. But in order to demand effort, commitment and excellence from dancers, it is imperative to provide quality instruction and a strong foundation in dance which they will surely apply in whatever manner they wish as they pursue their lives.
Discipline through dance
DanzArt believes as well that through the structured and disciplined dance training, students will learn about music, rhythm and beat, gain a better understanding of spatial relationships, learn to think with both sides of their brain, develop creative thinking skills and increase their ability to push themselves to higher achievements. Self-discipline, self-motivation, self-confidence and self-esteem will develop as each dancer conquers new movements and grows more certain of his or her ability to work hard and master new steps, enabling the student to excel in everyday life.
Confidence and cooperative work through performance
Danzart further believes that dance is a performing art and is meant to be shared. Performing gives students the confidence they need to succeed in a professional career of any kind, but also teach them the cooperative teamwork necessary to produce a high quality work of art.
Dance is joy and fun
And, most importantly, DanzArt believes that dance is joy and thus strives to make dance training fun and enjoyable and to translate every training session not only in an educational and challenging experience, but in a pleasant and memorable moment, capable of building in students love and passion for the art of dance.